The fruit of the Spirit's not a coconut *knock knock*
The fruit of the Spirit's not a coconut *knock knock*
If you wanna be a coconut *knock knock*
You might as well hear it
Cuz you can't be a fruit of the Spirit
Cuz the fruit is
Love, joy, peace, patience
Kindness, goodness, faithfulness
Gentleness, and self-control
Hey!
Okay. I'm done. This is one of our VBS songs from this year. I can't read about, or even think about the fruits of the Spirit without having this song stuck in my head. It's a cute one, and Conlan loves it a lot. But I digress...
How do I get these nine principles to become part of my everyday interaction with my children and my husband? I've started my study, but I almost feel I should work backwards here. I know I don't have to study these in any particular order; there's no logical progression. But it just seems easy to study them in the order they are written in. Here's my problem: love. Love is joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. 1 Corinthians 13:4 says, "Love is patient, love is kind." So I'm sort of confused.
I think this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to wait for a few more days. I need to collect my thoughts about this. I will probably have to write all of this down somewhere other than my blog first. I'm not much of a journaler. I've tried that and always seem to fail miserably. Also, we start Rick Warren's 40 Days of Love at church on Sunday, which will help to supplement my daily study on these characteristics. I really want to be serious about this study, so I will work on it and come back Monday. Thanks to all who are reading still. I'm glad I'm not sharing this with just myself. :)
Friday, September 11, 2009
The Fruits of the Spirit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Isn't it cool how all the fruits of the Spirit ARE connected. It's God saying this is Me, this is My Spirit, let Me live freely in you, may I pour out in your life.
May God bless you as you dig into His word. May He imprint His truth upon your heart and use you to encourage those around you to seek Him... to be Him.
Blessings on you friend.
I started to write a little about love but decided that you already knew all about what I would put down and I really want to see what your thoughts and study comes up with. Love you, GGJanice
I thought I left a comment but it didn't come up so sorry if two make it. I started to write a little about love but also decided you already know what I was going to put down. We will wait and see what your study beings out and know it will be wonderful for you. Love you, G G Janice
:) love the new look of the blog...
I'm reading a book called Sacred Rythmns, it's very good and I wonder if you would enjoy it. I find that the more still I am and intimate with God I am, the fruits ripen on their own. :) But its the being still part that gets me. (hard!)
LOVE
p.s. I put all my stationary in the lovely box you sent my wedding present in. It's my new stationary box and is SOOO wonderful.
Post a Comment