Two days ago, I was walking around Home Depot, and I had this urge to garden. Two days ago, it was almost 70 degrees outside.
Today it's snowing. Big, beautiful, delicious flakes. It's the type of day where I want to dance around outside in my cute winter coat with a floppy hat and a colorful scarf. My creative inspiration has moved from plants back to knitting. I have fallen in LOVE with knitting. Last night, I created a cupcake. It isn't all that great, and I have since found a pattern I like infinitely better. However, the thrill comes from knowing that I can create something out of nothing in no time flat. I have taken to baby hats like nothing else. I like to create something cute, creative, kitschy. I have a book that I love, and I'm starting to learn how to alter those patterns to better suit my needs.
If you're a friend of mine on Facebook, you can see my hat creations. Most of them have been for Vera. (The one hat I've made for Conlan was really ugly and could fit Jonathan, so I'm trying another one for him.) I'm sort of interested in selling the hats, but I'm not really pushy. I am just kind of running out of kiddos to make hats for. I don't plan on selling them on Etsy; I know people have had bad experiences with others stealing ideas.
If you're into knitting or crocheting, I suggest ravelry.com. They have SO many patterns, most of which are free. You have to sign up for an account, but it's free. For now, I'm going to knit my little boy a robot and enjoy the incredible snow with a fire and some hot chocolate. :)
Friday, January 29, 2010
The Inspiration of Tasty Flakes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
So fun!! I am crocheting a moose right now. I'm writing down my pattern, too. The legs and tail are on the body and I made a scarf and the neck. And I made the head but I think I'm going to make a bigger one. =P And most of one antler.
Hey and if you are making your own patterns, you could sell your patterns on etsy!
Post a Comment