Friday, February 05, 2010

Peace and Quiet

This weekend, my parents are coming to visit.  When they leave on Sunday, they will be taking my two beautiful children with them for an entire week.

Part of me is scared to be without them; what will I do with my time?  However, I'm looking forward to a little peace and quiet.

Monday is my 27th birthday, and I am ecstatic to be spending that day alone.  Another snow storm is rolling in on Sunday night, and I plan on spending Monday by watching Audrey Hepburn fall hopelessly in love with men way too old for her in black and white.  Maybe I'll gather up the courage to drive in the snow.  If I do, I plan on discovering that overstuffed chair at Barnes and Noble with my name on it.  I'll find a book that I've never read and sit until I'm finished with it.  No need to purchase it; I'll just read it in the store.  My coffee purchase will be good enough.

I also have a whole list of projects to do.  My creative juices are flowing already, so I will definitely share pictures of what I make while my children are gone.  I have so many ideas and so little time most days, and I am ready to create!  I had planned on some good, deep cleaning while they are gone, but I've managed to accomplish that this week.  Other than reorganizing my kitchen, I have nothing pressing to do.  :D

I just heard Conlan scream "Yah!" from his bedroom.  Vera will certainly not be far behind.  So I am thrown back into reality for now.  My peace and quiet will have to wait a few more days...the craziness that is my life is pretty amazing too though.  I know I will miss it when it's gone...

5 comments:

Laura said...

First of all it was great to see y'all the other week! I love seeing your kiddos! Stop by anytime! We are painting the house and fixing the driveway, so it will look like a completely different house next time you see it!

Ooohhh! Enjoy that time! Don't be surprised if you go through some withdrawal in the beginning. My boys went to California with my parents last spring for 5 days(the first time I have ever been that long without them) and I had big plans. I took me about a day and half to get over the silence but Steve and I managed just fine. I think we watched 5 movies and a whole season of a tv show on Netflix! Awwwww good times!

Enjoy it!

Jonathan said...

Happy Birthday hon!! I hope you're enjoying your day alone!

Kate said...

I hope you're having a great time! =)

Kate said...

Um, whoa. I didn't even look at the date, lol. So they are back already? How was it?! =) And where are the pics? ;)

Vashey Fam said...

Wow! What a gift from your parents. Yes, I want to see what you made! Hey check out 'The More the Merrier' if you run out of Audrey Hepburns.